Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
When Satan Roars and Lays His Snares — Don Fortner
(Tune: #414 — Am I a Soldier of the Cross? — CM)
1. While Satan roars and lays his snares,
Before Your throne I fall.
On You I cast my woes and cares;
And for Your grace I call.
2. I seek Your grace and trust Your power,
While flesh is my abode;
Uphold me in each trying hour,
In Zion’s narrow road.
3. Others who seemed so well to run,
Have fallen in their race:
The work, O Lord, which You’ve begun,
Complete by Your free grace.
4. Though bitter sorrows fill my cup,
And loads of guilt oppress,
I’m safe if You will hold me up,
And joyful if You bless.
5. Your all-sufficient grace supply,
While I have life and breath;
And come, my faithful Savior, nigh,
To hold me up in death!