Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
(Tune: #355 — From Every Stormy Wind that Blows —LM)
1. This is a weary barren land,
A rugged path o’er scorching sand;
And here with heaviness we race,
Before the joys of heav’n we taste.
2. With sin and guilt my trembling soul,
Is terrified before God’s law!
The frowns of justice cloud my sky,
And raise the furious tempest high!
3. But lo! On Calv’ry’s Mount One stands —
The God-Man, with extended hands,
Invites me to His bleeding side,
And says, “Come, sinner, safely hide.”
4. Weary and faint, `neath Sinai’s heat,
My soul shall fly to this Retreat.
This Rock defends from scorching beams,
And from it flows salvations streams!
5. Within this Hiding-Place so good,
I fear no storms, I dread no flood;
But smiling at the winds and waves,
I bless my Savior for His grace!