This Anchor Shall My Soul Sustain — Don Fortner
(Tune: #217 — Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness — LM)
1. When hell my wretched soul assails and every creature comfort fails,
My Savior I cannot deny: — To Jesus crucified I fly!
2. My anchor holds and firm remains.—‘Tis Christ the Lamb, for sinners slain.
From condemnation I am free, since Jesus lived and died for me!
3. Saved by God’s mighty, boundless grace, robed in Christ’s perfect righteousness,
His blood has washed away my sin, and makes me fit to reign with Him!
4. Leaning upon my Savior’s breast, my soul is cheered and finds sweet rest:
His heart is filled with love for me, redeeming love for me. — For me!
5. This anchor shall my soul sustain until I leave this world of pain.
Then, by His great redeeming love, I’ll be with Christ enthroned above!