The Year is Gone! — Don Fortner
(Tune: #497 — When I Can Read My Title Clear —CM)
1. The year is gone! How quickly gone!
Number, my soul, your days!
Another year, today begun,
How fleeing are our days!
2. Twelve months have run their rapid round!
How short they each appear!
Yet, God be praised, His grace abounds
And crowned another year!
3. What floods of blessings I've received! —
A fruitless vine I’ve stood!
But, though I have my Father grieved,
He views my Surety's blood!
4. The voice of Justice says, “Cut down
That barren, withered tree.”
But Christ says, “Let it still alone.
Be satisfied in Me.”
5. Numb’ring my days, oh, give me grace
And wisdom to apply
My heart to Christ alone always,
My Savior God on High!
Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com