Sons We Are Through GodŐs Election — Author Unknown
(Tune: #17 — Come Thou Fount — 87.87.87)
1. Sons we are, through GodŐs election, who in Jesus Christ believe;
By eternal destination, saving grace we here receive;
Our Redeemer, our Redeemer does both grace and glory give.
2. Every soul of man, by sinning, merits everlasting pain;
But thy love, without beginning, formed and fixed salvationŐs plan,
Countless millions, countless millions shall in life through Jesus reign.
3. [ Pause, my soul! adore and wonder! Ask, ŇO why such love to me?Ó
Grace has put me in the number of the SaviourŐs family;
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Thanks, Eternal Love, to thee! ]
4. These are springs of consolation, to converted sons of grace;
Finished, free, and full salvation shining in the SaviourŐs face!
Free grace only, free grace only suits the wretched sinnerŐs case.
5. When in that blest habitation, which my God for me ordained;
When in gloryŐs full possession, I with saints and angels stand;
Free grace only, free grace only shall resound through CanaanŐs land