Our Eternal Union With Christ – John Kent
(Tune: # 77 Sun of My Soul -- LM)
1. “Twixt Jesus and the chosen race,
Subsists a bond of sovereign grace,
That hell, with its infernal train,
Shall ne’er dissolve nor rend in twain!
2. This sacred bond shall never break,
Though earth should to her center shake;
Rest, doubting saint, assured of this,
For God has pledged his holiness.
3. Hail, sacred union, firm and strong!
How great the grace! How sweet the song!
That worms of earth should ever be
One with incarnate Deity!
4. This sacred tie forbids their fears,
For all he is or has is theirs:
With him, their Head, they stand or fall –
Their Life, their Surety, their All.
5. Blessed be the wisdom and the grace,
The eternal love and faithfulness,
That’s in the gospel-scheme revealed,
And is by God the Spirit sealed.