Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
Compassed with Trouble, in Distress — Don Fortner
(Tune: #52 — Majestic Sweetness —CM)
1. Compassed with trouble, in distress,
What fears possess my mind!
Savior, I long to see Your face,
For grace and peace divine!
2. With broken heart, and waiting long,
Beneath this crushing load,
I own my sin, confess my wrong,
And stretch my hands to God.
3. My wretched heart, my God, I mourn;
And for my sin I weep!
With every lust obscene I burn,
And sink into the deep!
4. As Satan raises Moses up
And roars against my soul,
Lord Jesus, my poor cause take up
And make Your servant whole!
5. Arise, O Lord! Shine forth in grace!
Your precious blood apply!
Embrace my soul, dear Prince of Peace,
Blest Rock higher than I!
6. Speak, Savior, let me hear Your voice,
Show me again Your face!
Oh! Hear my inmost groans and cries. —
Revive my soul with grace!