Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
Five Facts Revealed
Here are five blessed, glorious facts, most plainly revealed to us in the Holy Scriptures. Be sure you understand them.
1. There are some men and women in this world whom God has chosen to salvation from eternity, who must and shall be saved (Romans 11:5; Ephesians 1:3-7; 1 Thessalonians 2:13-14).
2. The Lord Jesus Christ has made atonement for the sins of GodŐs elect (all his elect and only his elect) and redeemed them from the curse of the law by his own precious blood. The Word of God universally teaches the sweet, gospel doctrine of Limited Atonement, that is particular and effectual redemption (Isaiah 53:8; John 10:11; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 1:6; Hebrews 9:12).
3. All of GodŐs elect, having been redeemed by the blood of Christ, shall be called from death to life by irresistible grace and omnipotent mercy of God the Holy Ghost (Galatians 3:13-14; Psalm 65:4). Eternal life is the gift of God. Faith in Christ is the gift of God.
4. The means by which GodŐs elect are born again, called, and given faith in Christ is the preaching of the gospel (Romans 10:17; Hebrews 4:12; James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23-25).
5. And there is a specific day appointed by God before time began in which he will call each of his elect to life and faith in Christ by the gospel (Ezekiel 16:6-8; Psalm 110:3).
God will see to it that the sinner he has chosen and his Son has redeemed, will be in the place he has ordained, with his heart prepared to receive the gospel at the appointed Ňtime of love.Ó And he will send his Word to that sinner by a preacher in the irresistible power and grace of his Spirit.
You can mark this down. — If you are GodŐs, he is going to get you. There is a time beyond which you cannot escape, a place beyond which you cannot go, when God will cross your path, meet you in mercy, and arrest your soul! There is a day appointed when the gospel will come to you in power! Perhaps this is that day!