Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
Ten Promises from God to His Troubled Saints
Child of God, your afflictions in this world may be many, heavy, and long, but they will never destroy or even harm you. Therefore the Lord your God says, “Fear not.” Then he gives you these ten, blessed promises to silence your fears.
1. “I have redeemed thee!” — Christ has redeemed you by the price of his blood and the power of his grace. If he has redeemed you, nothing and no one can harm you.
2. “I have called thee by thy name!” — All whom he has redeemed are called, called with an effectual, irresistible, personal call. This is efficacious grace!
3. “Thou art mine!” — What a blessed word of grace! You belong to God as his peculiar possession, his new creation. That means you are under his protection and provision.
4. “I will be with thee!” — Wherever God by his providence puts you, he will be with you in sympathy and in power to take care of you.
5. “I am the LORD thy God, the holy One of Israel!” — The almighty God, the holy One, who is always faithful and true, is as much your property as you are his property, because he has given himself to you.
6. “I am thy Savior!” — When he says, “I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee,” our Lord is saying, “I have bought you at such a price that I cannot afford to lose you.”
1. “Thou art precious in my sight!” — You are God’s treasure, his jewel. Though despised by men, if you are a believer, you are precious to God!
“Near, so very near to God, nearer I cannot be,
For in the person of His Son I am as near as He!
Dear, so very dear to God, dearer I cannot be
For in the person of His Son I am as dear as He!”
8. “Thou hast been honorable!” — You are not honorable by nature, nor by any of your deeds, but God by his grace has made you honorable. He has washed away your sin by the blood of Christ and robed you with his perfect righteousness. He has created you new in Christ in righteousness and true holiness, making you a partaker of the divine nature by his Spirit in the new birth.
9. “I have loved thee!” — Let men talk all they please about a useless, universal love, this is special love! God so loves his own elect that he will sacrifice men and nations for them! He so loved us that he gave his only begotten Son for us!
10. “I have created (you) for my glory!” — The very glory of the triune God is wrapped up in the salvation of his people. He will either save every one of the chosen seed, all who are called by his name, and save them from all evil, or he will lose his glory; and that cannot be!