Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
ŇHow art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer!Ó
Isaiah was inspired of God to give us knowledge of something only God could have revealed to him — LuciferŐs astonishing fall. Though Satan was originally created as Lucifer, the shining one, the anointed cherub over the earth, when sin was found in him, he was cast out of heaven. This verse speaks of SatanŐs final defeat; but his defeat is accomplished by God our Savior in five stages.
1. The Devil was cast out of heaven (Luke 10:18; Revelation 12:7-9).
2. The prince of this world was bound by our Lord Jesus Christ at Calvary (John 12:32; Revelation 20:1-3).
3. Satan is cast out of GodŐs elect, his power is broken, his captives are set free, his prisoners escape, the chains of bondage that hold his slaves are broken in the new birth (Matthew 12:28-29; Mark 3:27; Luke 11:20-22).
4. In the believerŐs experience of grace, as we experience forgiveness and cleansing from our many sins, when Satan raises Moses up to condemn us, our mighty Advocate, the Angel of God, prevails over him and silences him (1 John 2:1-2; Jude 9; Zechariah 3:1-5).
5. Satan shall be cast into the lake of fire at the last day (Revelation 20:10).
He who weakened the nations shall be at last brought into utter desolation. The Lion of the tribe of Judah has prevailed, is prevailing, and shall forever prevail over our adversary, the Devil. — ŇAnd the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortlyÓ (Romans 16:20).