Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com
Ten Great Blessings of Grace
ŇBlessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.Ó (Ephesians 1:3)
Here are ten of those spiritual blessings God has given to his elect in Christ, which shall never be taken away from us. If you are a believer, if you are in Christ, these ten things are yours to enjoy forever.
1. ELECTION (Ephesians 1:4) — Election is GodŐs choice of you. Imagine that, God himself chose to save you before the world began! If you are saved, you are saved because God chose you. The Lord chose you because he loved you.
2. ADOPTION (1 John 3:1-2) — All whom God the Father elected to salvation, he predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, Ňto the praise of the glory of his grace.Ó
3. REDEMPTION (1 Peter 1:18-21) — We were under the curse of GodŐs law, sentenced to eternal death. But ŇChrist hath redeemed us from the curse of the law!Ó
4. REGENERATION (Ephesians 2:1-7) — We were dead in sin. But God the Holy Spirit has raised us from death to life by his almighty grace. This is the new birth. This is the blessing of Abraham Christ died to obtain for us, when he redeemed us from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:14)
5. JUSTIFICATION (Romans 3:24) — GodŐs dear Son paid our debt by the shedding of his blood. Having paid our debt, we are now made to be the righteousness of God in him.
6. SANCTIFICATION (1 Corinthians 6:11) — If you are saved, you are sanctified in Christ, set apart by GodŐs election, declared holy by the SonŐs obedience, and made holy by the SpiritŐs regeneration.
7. PRESERVATION (John 10:27-28) — If you are in Christ, you are saved forever. Salvation is forever, because salvation is GodŐs work (Ecclesiastes 3:14).
8. PROVIDENCE (Romans 8:28) — Our lives are governed by the hand of our heavenly Father, directed by his infinite wisdom, and guided by his everlasting love.
9. GLORIFICATION (1 Corinthians 15:45-53) — In the resurrection we shall be perfectly conformed to the image of Christ and made to inherit all that Christ inherited as our Mediator! We are joint-heirs with Christ. We shall be partakers of his glory (John 17:5, 22).
10. FAITH (Ephesians 2:8-9) — All the blessings and privileges of grace are given to faith. And faith itself is the gift of GodŐs grace (Philippians 1:29). Faith is the fruit and work of God the Holy Ghost. As he gives faith, we have faith. And that faith that is in us by the operation of GodŐs almighty, free grace receives and enjoys all the blessings of grace. Faith comes from Christ, looks to Christ, and consummates in Christ. What a privilege of grace it is to live in this world by faith in Christ!