"THEY SOUGHT MEANS TO BRING HIM IN"
The Lord Jesus was preaching in Galilee, and the power of God was present for the healing of needy souls. Suddenly, four men broke up the tiles on the roof and let a friend down by ropes in front of the Master. When the Savior saw their faith, he both healed their impotent friend and forgave him of all his sin. What an instructive picture this is!
Here are four men with a sick, impotent friend. They found out where the Lord Jesus was preaching. And knowing that "the power of the Lord was present to heal," they picked him up on his bed and sought a way to bring their friend into the presence of Christ. When the Son of God "saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee." Those four men could not do a thing to change their crippled friend's condition. But they knew that Christ could. So they brought him to the Savior, overcoming great obstacles. And because of their faith in Christ, this poor sinner was both healed and saved.
Do you have such faith in Christ? Do you believe that the power of the Lord is present where the gospel is preached to save lost men and women? If you do, there are some things you can do for them. I know you cannot change a sinner's condition. But you can do some things for lost people. And what you can do you are responsible to do. You can...
1. PRAY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE NOT. "Brethren, see poor sinners 'round you, slumbering on the brink of woe. Death is coming. Hell is moving. Can you bear to let them go?"
2. TELL OTHERS WHAT YOU KNOW OF CHRIST AND HIS GRACE (John 9:11). You can tell friends, neighbors, relatives and acquaintances what you have seen, heard, felt and experienced of the gospel.
3. USE WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU FOR THE SUPPORT OF THE GOSPEL MINISTRY (3 John 5-8). You may not be able to go to Africa to preach, but you can help send a preacher. You may not be able to preach, but you can help feed and clothe the man who does.
4. DISTRIBUTE TRACTS, TAPES, BULLETINS, AND BOOKS to those who might profit from them. That which costs you so little may be of infinite value to another.
5. WORK TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR SINNERS TO HEAR THE GOSPEL. Did you know that someone has to mow the lawn, shovel the snow, sweep the floor, replace the lights, wash the windows, and paint the walls at the church house? You could do that.
6. BRING SINNERS TO HEAR THE GOSPEL. If you want to, if you care, you will figure out a way to get people to hear the gospel.
7. EXEMPLIFY THE GRACE OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE. You can adorn the doctrine of God, so that those who know you will want to hear the gospel you believe.
Grace Baptist Church of Danville - Grace For Today Radio Message #789
2734 Old Stanford Road - Danville, Kentucky 40422-9438
Donald S. Fortner, Pastor -Telephone 606-236-8235 - Email email@example.com