Grace Baptist Church of Danville
May 20, 2012
When God made his Son sin for us, he did not pretend that he was sin and punish him unjustly. He made him sin and punished him justly, that he might be just and the Justifier of his people.
· I am scheduled to preach Wednesday night for Hurricane Road Grace Church in Ashland, Kentucky, where Bro. John Chapman is pastor. The service begins at 7:00 PM.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Pam Wood-22nd Billy McCormack-25th
NURSERY DUTY THIS WEEK
Today: Shante’ Birchum (AM) Stephanie Wall (PM) Tuesday: Mindy Peterson
If God Be For Us — Don Fortner
(Tune: I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say #225 — CMD)
1. If God be for us, who can be against us with success?
Our God will ever faithful be, supplying us with grace.
He Who spared not His only Son, but gave Him up to die,
Will for His chosen, ransomed ones all things freely supply.
2. Who any charge shall lay against those who are God’s elect?
We’re justified by God Himself! Christ Jesus paid our debt!
He for the sins of His elect complete atonement made,
And justice never can expect the debt to twice be paid!
3. Who can our ransomed souls condemn? For us Christ Jesus died,
For us our Savior rose again, and intercedes on high!
At God the Father’s own right hand Christ is our Advocate.
All things are under His command to save His own elect.
4. Who then shall separate us from Christ’s everlasting love?
Nothing that is or is to come can change our Savior’s love!
His sovereign mercy knows no end, His goodness shall endure,
And all who on His grace depend by Him are kept secure!
“Had not Christ made a full satisfaction to the Father, He Himself must have perished under those sins that He did bear; but in that He went through the thing, and paid the full price, as He carried them away from us, so He laid them down from Himself. So that now Christ is freed from sin, and we are freed from sin in Him.” — Tobias Crisp
“To Him Give All the Prophets Witness”
Peter in Acts 2, Stephen in Acts 7, and Paul in Acts 13 delivered sermons that summarized the entire history of the Old Testament. And the subject of each of their sermons was the Lord Jesus Christ. How I wish that all men and women could see this blessed fact: — Jesus Christ and him crucified is the theme of Holy Scripture! — “To him give all the prophets witness!” And to him give all the apostles witness. Every book of the Bible speaks of Christ. Let me show you just one thing revealed about Christ in each of the 66 books of Holy Scripture. Christ is the theme of every text, the subject of every page, and the message of every subject set forth in Holy Scripture. But space will permit me to show you just one thing revealing Christ in every book of the Bible.
· In Genesis He is the Seed of the Woman
· In Exodus He is the Paschal Lamb.
· In Leviticus He is the Atonement for Sin.
· In Numbers He is the Brazen Serpent.
· In Deuteronomy He is the City of Refuge.
· In Joshua He is Rahab’s Scarlet Cord.
· In Judges He is the Angel of the Lord.
· In Ruth He is our Kinsman Redeemer.
· In 1st Samuel He is the Slayer of our Enemies.
· In 2nd Samuel He is the Gracious King.
· In 1st Kings He is the Builder of His Temple.
· In 2nd Kings He is the Great Prophet.
· In 1st Chronicles He is the Ark of Blessing.
· In 2nd Chronicles He is the Defender of His People.
· In Ezra He is the Restorer of His People.
· In Nehemiah He is the Rememberer of His People.
· In Esther He is the Preserver of His People.
· In Job He is the Daysman.
· In Psalms He is the Good Shepherd.
· In Proverbs He is the Wisdom of God.
· In Ecclesiastes He is the Teacher of Wisdom.
· In Solomon’s Song He is the Beloved of His Church.
· In Isaiah He is the Substitute for Sinners.
· In Jeremiah He is the Lord our Righteousness.
· In Lamentations He is the Lord our Portion.
· In Ezekiel He is the Glory of the Lord.
· In Daniel He is the Messiah the Prince.
· In Hosea He is God my Husband.
· In Joel He is the Hope of His People.
· In Amos He is the Sifter of His People.
· In Obadiah He is the Searcher of Hearts.
· In Jonah He is the Sovereign Deliverer.
· In Micah He is Bethlehem’s Infant.
· In Nahum He is the Great One.
· In Habakkuk He is the Faithful One.
· In Zephaniah He is the Mighty One.
· In Haggai He is the Desire of All Nations.
· In Zechariah He is the Fountain Opened for Sinners.
· In Malachi He is the Sun of Righteousness.
· In Matthew He is the Son of David.
· In Mark He is the Son of Man.
· In Luke He is the Son of God.
· In John He is the Lamb of God.
· In Acts He is the Ascended Lord.
· In Romans He is the Just God our Savior.
· In 1st Corinthians He is the Power of God.
· In 2nd Corinthians He is the Reconciler.
· In Galatians He is the End of the Law.
· In Ephesians He is the Effectual Savior.
· In Philippians He is the Joy of Saints.
· In Colossians He is the Pre-eminent One.
· In 1st Thessalonians He is the Hope of Salvation.
· In 2nd Thessalonians He is the Coming Lord.
· In 1st Timothy He is the Preacher’s Doctrine.
· In 2nd Timothy He is the Eternal Surety.
· In Titus He is the Grace of God.
· In Philemon He is the Intercessor.
· In Hebrews He is the Fulfillment of the Law.
· In James He is the Giver of Grace.
· In 1st Peter He is the Effectual Redeemer.
· In 2nd Peter He is the Longsuffering Lord.
· In 1st John He is the Propitiation for Our Sins.
· In 2nd John He is the Doctrine of God.
· In 3rd John He is the Truth of God.
· In Jude He is Our Security
· In Revelation He is the Fulness of God.
If we would understand, profit from, and rightly use the Word of God, we must understand everything written in the Sacred Volume as it relates to the glorious Person and saving work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Never be satisfied with your understanding of any text in the Book of God until in it you have “found him of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus,” the Christ, the Son of God. The Book of God is a Book about Him!
The Grace Bulletin
May 20, 2012
Grace Baptist Church of Danville
2734 Old Stanford Road-Danville, Kentucky 40422-9438
Telephone (859) 236-8235 - E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Donald S. Fortner, Pastor
Schedule of Regular Services
10:00 A.M. Bible Classes
10:30 A.M. Morning Worship Service
6:30 P.M. Evening Worship Service
7:30 P.M. Mid-Week Worship Service
Television Broadcasts in Danville
Channel 6 - Sunday Morning 8:00 A.M.
Channel 6 - Wednesday Evening 6:00 P.M.
Channel 6 - Friday Evening 7:00 P.M.
Television Broadcasts in Harrodsburg
Channel 6 - Sunday Afternoon 3:00 P.M.
Channel 6 - Friday Evening 6:00 P.M.
Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com