Grace Baptist Church of Danville
August 9, 2009
“Christ is the end of the law.” He is the point aimed at by the law. He is the conclusion of the law. He is the finality of the law. He is the finish of the law. He is the termination of the law. He is as far as the law can go! — “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.”
Š Bro. Larry Criss is preaching today for Bible Baptist Church in Madisonville, KY, where Bro. Maurice Montgomery is pastor.
Š I am scheduled to preach Monday-Wednesday for the Sovereign Grace Fellowship in Booneville, NC, where Bro. Linwood Campbell is pastor (Email: email@example.com — Telephone: 336-468-4339). I am to preach Thursday and Friday for Covenant of Grace Baptist Church in N. Wilkesboro, NC, where Bro. Mike Walker is pastor (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org — Telephone: 336-921-2343).
Š Bro. Todd Nibert, pastor of Todds RD Grace Church in Lexington, KY, will preach the Gospel to you Tuesday evening.
Anne Peterson-11th Ben Peterson-11th Vicci Rolley-15th Jacob Price-16th
NURSERY DUTY THIS WEEK
Today: Jenny Bartley (AM) Pam Wood (PM) Tuesday: Anne Peterson
In Heaven’s Lofty Court — Don fortner
(Tune: #33 — Stand Up and Bless the Lord — SM )
There truth makes constant, strict report, of all the sinner’s crimes.
Who pleads my cause, secures my state, and floods my heart with joy.
Jesus, my Advocate draws near, and pleads His sacrifice.
But that blest ocean, — Jesus’ blood, all mountains overflows!
My Advocate His merit pleads, and says I’m white as snow!
“I defy anyone to find a solitary text of Scripture in the New Testament that uses the law to motivate, inspire, regulate or even guide the believer. Believers are motivated by love, inspired by gratitude, regulated by grace and guided by the Holy Spirit. The whole Word of God, the complete revelation of His will is our law. Our lives are governed by love, not by fear. We walk by faith, not by legislation. We walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh (Romans 8:9-14; Galatians 3:3).”
Pastor Scott Richardson
Five Things Essential for Salvation
Some things are absolutely essential to the salvation of our souls. Here are five mighty works of God, without which none can enter into the everlasting glory of life in heaven with the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. A Divine Resolution — If you and I are saved, we will be saved not by our own choice and decision, but by the choice and decision made by God Himself in sovereign election and predestination before the world began (Ephesians 1:3-6). There is no possibility of salvation without God’s eternal purpose of grace in Christ.
2. A Divine Righteousness — God demands perfect obedience to His law, perfect compliance with His will, perfect righteousness (Deuteronomy 10:12; Matthew 5:20). Yet, no mere man can perform one good thing, let alone walk before God in perfect obedience (Psalms 14:3; 53:3; Romans 3:12). But, blessed be His name, all that God requires He performs for His chosen and bestows upon us by His grace. Christ obeyed God as our Representative, working out a perfect righteousness for us; and when He obeyed God for us, every chosen sinner obeyed God in Him (Romans 5:19-21).
3. A Divine Redemption — The holy Lord God also demands satisfaction for sin, a just and legal atonement for every transgression. It is written, “The soul that sinneth, it shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20). He will not overlook even the slightest iniquity. He Who is a just God must punish sin. He who is the righteous Lord, loving righteousness, must punish every transgression. How can He both punish the sinner to the full satisfaction of justice and freely forgive him of all iniquity, transgression and sin? Substitution! When the Lord Jesus Christ died in our stead, we died in Him (Romans 3:24-26; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:13-14). In the person and work of Christ the God of Glory is both “a just God and a Savior!” — But God demands more than a clean record. We cannot be saved without…
4. A Divine Regeneration — There can be no entrance into the kingdom of heaven without a new nature. Our Savior’s words are still true, “Ye must be born again.” You must be made a new creature, or you can never enter the New Jerusalem. You must have a new man created in you in righteousness and true holiness, or you can never enter into heaven. You must be made a partaker of the divine nature, Christ must be formed in you, or you have no hope of Glory. “Christ in you, the Hope of Glory” (Colossians 1:27) is that “Holiness without which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14).
5. A Divine Resurrection — Our bodies must also be changed, because our bodies too have been corrupted and made corruptible by sin. Therefore “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 15:50). We must have new bodies for our souls, new bodies with which to serve our God in the new creation. Mortality must put on immortality. The natural body shall be sown in the earth and return to dust; but in the resurrection it shall come forth from the dust a spiritual body.
“Holiness, without which No Man shall see the Lord”
What a sobering passage of Scripture. Most people determine the chief attribute of God to be His love. Though love is definitely a wonderful attribute of God, it is not His chief attribute or name. Is He called the loving God? NO! He is called the holy God. Are his angels called the loving Angels? NO! They are called His holy Angels. When Moses stood before the burning bush, did God tell him he was standing on loving ground? No! Moses was standing on holy ground.
Š His Spirit is called the holy Spirit, the Holy Ghost
Š His temple is called His holy Temple
Š His sanctuary is called His holy Sanctuary
Š His nation is called His holy nation
Š God’s people are called his holy people
Š The heavens are called holy
Š His tabernacle is called the holy place
Š The second veil is called the holiest of all
Š Aaron’s clothes were called holy garments
Š His prophets were called holy men
Š The things in the tabernacle were called holy vessels
Š And the most important of all, His precious Son was called the Holy One.
Sinners can only be made holy by being found in a holy Substitute. Christ is that holy Substitute. Dear sinner, trust in Him as your all and in all. Pastor David Eddmenson
“He saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot”
Moses’ anger raging hot against the Israelites as they worshiped the golden calf represents the law of God condemning all idolaters. God Almighty has zero tolerance for idolatry no matter in what shape, form or fashion it manifests itself. Ignorance and spiritual darkness is no excuse. We are natural born worshippers of false gods. The self-god of freewillism is the personification of all idolatry. The Scriptures plainly tell us there is but one God and He alone is to be worshipped - “There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god” Psalms 81:9; “Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve” Matthew 4:10. If we will be spared from God’s wrath and indignation it is of the Lord’s doing. There is no loophole in God’s unalterable, inflexible justice. We must be given a new nature appropriated by the Person and work of our Redeemer and imparted by the omnipotent work of the Spirit of the Living God. This Divine nature institutes and perseveres in new heart worship (covenant worship) of the True and Living God - “And I will give them an heart to know Me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto Me with their whole heart” Jeremiah 24:7. Old Israel was known for their rebellion, stiff necks, hard hearts, and idolatry. Spiritual Israel is known by their worship of the True and Living God - “For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God” 1Thess. 1:9. Our precious Lord drank the dregs of the golden calf and fell under the wrath of Divine justice by the demands of the thrice holy God for His loved ones to purchase us the privilege of divine worship. Those who habitually forsake the worship of God habitually worship a false god. Pastor Tommy Robbins
August 9, 2009
Grace Baptist Church of Danville
2734 Old Stanford Road-Danville, Kentucky 40422-9438
Telephone (859) 236-8235 - E-Mail email@example.com
Donald S. Fortner, Pastor
Schedule of Regular Services
10:00 A.M. Bible Classes
10:30 A.M. Morning Worship Service
6:30 P.M. Evening Worship Service
7:30 P.M. Mid-Week Worship Service
Television Broadcasts in Danville
Channel 6 - Sunday Morning 8:00 A.M.
Channel 6 - Wednesday Evening 6:00 P.M.
Channel 6 - Friday Evening 7:00 P.M.
Listen to sermons at FreeGraceRadio.com