DO YOU LIKE THE PLAIN "SIMPLE GOSPEL?"
We all like to make things simple and easy, but the gospel of God is neither simple nor easy. Granted, the message of the gospel is simple - "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31). "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" (Mk. 16:16). The gospel must be preached plainly, in common language, so that those who hear may understand. It is utter nonsense for a preacher to use language that the people to whom he is speaking do not understand. But the doctrines (teachings) of the gospel are such that no one can understand them until he is born of God (John 3:3). After more than twenty-five years of almost constant study and preaching, the gospel of God's free, saving grace in Jesus Christ is more delightfully profound and awesomely glorious, and I am more overwhelmed by its wonders now than ever. Here are just a few of the things revealed in the gospel. You study them and see if you think they are simple.
1. The Triune God (I John 5:7).
2. Divine Election and Predestination (Eph. 1:3-6).
3. The Fall Of Our Race in A Representative Man (Rom. 5:12).
4. The Incarnation (Gal. 4:4-6) - The infinite God assumed human flesh!
5. Redemption by the Substitutionary Sacrifice of Christ (II Cor. 5:21).
6. Salvation by Grace without Human Works (II Tim.1:9).
7. The Resurrection of the Dead (I Thess. 4:13-18).
Donald S. Fortner, Pastor
GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH OF DANVILLE
2734 Old Stanford Road
Danville, Kentucky 40422