The Faith Of Devils
Did you know that satan and the very demons of hell believe all the truth? They have a faith. And their faith is thoroughly orthodox. They are all Trinitarians. They are all five point Calvinists. They know that the Bible is the Word of God, that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, that he is the sovereign Lord of all things, and that there is a judgment to come.
And you can be sure of
this: As the devils themselves are thoroughly orthodox in their doctrine, every
human soul now suffering the wrath of God in hell is orthodox in doctrine too.
When the departed spirits of lost men and women open their eyes in hell, at
that very moment, they open their eyes to all the truth of God. There is not an
Arminian, free-willer among all the fallen spirits. And there is not one to be
found in hell. "As there are no heretics in heaven, so there are none in
hell. It is only on earth that men have the dreadful prerogative of out sinning the very devils themselves" (Augustus Toplady).
Arius is not an Arian now. Pelagius is not a Pelagian now! Arminius is not an
Arminian now! Wesley is not a Weslian now! Russell is not a Russellite now!
The difference between the faith of devils and the faith of God's elect is just this: GOD'S SAINTS HAVE RECEIVED THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH. We know the truth, but more, we rejoice in it, rely upon it, live by it, experience its power, and love it! We see the truth embodied in a Person, and we love that Person, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The demons and the damned in hell believe what they hate and wish it was not true. We believe what we desire to be true, and give thanks to know that it is. With us, truth is not theory, abstract theology, or a position. It is life. Truth to us is not a denominational creed, but the knowledge and confession of the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.
FIVE SOLEMN FACTS ABOUT THINGS TO COME Rev. 20:11-15
John saw "a great white throne" upon which the Son of God will sit to judge the world in the last day. It is "great", because it is the throne of the great, omnipotent God. It is "white", because it is pure, spotless, righteous, and just. It is a"throne", because from here the will of the sovereign Lord and King of the universe is perfectly executed. In the last day we must all appear before this august, great white throne to be judged according to strict righteousness, justice,and truth. Here are five things that will surely come to pass. If you care for your immortal soul, lay them to heart.
1. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL COME AGAIN. That very same God-man who died at the hands of sinners will come to judge all men (Acts ).
2. WHEN CHRIST COMES THERE WILL BE A GREAT, GENERAL RESURRECTION OF ALL WHO HAVE EVER LIVED UPON THE EARTH (John -29). The dead in Christ shall rise first. Then all the believers living at the time will be changed. At last, all the wicked shall be raised.
3. IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE RESURRECTION WE MUST ALL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THE RECORD OF OUR WORKS (II Cor. ). Everyone will be judged by the record of his sin in the books of God's law. But there are some against whom no crime is written (Jer. 50:20). They shall be judged according to the record of the book of life. It is the book of the Lamb. It contains a record of Divine election, perfect righteousness, full redemption, and eternal life!
4. ALL WHO ARE FOUND PERFECTLY RIGHTEOUS, ACCORDING TO GOD'S OWN RECORD, SHALL ENTER INTO EVERLASTING GLORY WITH CHRIST. They are perfectly righteous only because they have Christ as their Substitute. His blood has cleansed them of all sin. His righteousness has been imputed to them. These righteous ones are all those who believe the gospel of Christ!
5. ALL WHO ARE FOUND GUILTY OF SIN SHALL BE CAST INTO THE