"My Grace Is Sufficient For Thee"
2 Corinthians 12:9
This promise was made by the Lord to one of his servants in a time of great need. But it is a promise made to every believer, for all the promises of God are in Christ and sure to all who trust him (II Cor. ). The thing promised is grace, all-sufficient grace, to meet our every need. To whom is this promise made?
1. THE BELIEVING SINNER - Salvation is by grace alone. No matter how numerous your sins, no matter how great your iniquity, no matter how vile your heart, the grace of God in Christ is sufficient to save you! Be of good courage. Trust Christ. And be not afraid. God's grace is greater than your sin.
2. THE YOUNG
CONVERT - Are you a young pilgrim, just delivered from
3. THE FAITHFUL SERVANT - The more you seek to do for Christ, the more you need his grace. And the more you need grace, the more God gives grace.
4. THE TEMPTED BELIEVER - Satan tempts you with every form of subtlety, seeking to take your heart away from Christ and destroy your soul. But God is faithful. He will not allow you to be tempted above measure and will with the temptation make a way to escape. His grace is sufficient for you.
5. THE SUFFERING SAINT - All God's saints must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of heaven. We must go through the furnace of affliction and the waters of adversity. But his grace is sufficient.
6. THE FALLEN BELIEVER - Perhaps you have fallen into sin like Peter, or into indifference like the Laodiceans, or into rebellion like Jonah, and you wonder, "Will God yet forgive me?" Indeed, he will. His grace is sufficient for you.
7. THE AGED SAINT - You may be old and grey, but God will not forsake you. He will never leave you. And his presence with you means that his grace is sufficient for you.
8. THE DYING SAINT - It will be easy for you to die in the company of your risen Savior. When the dew of death is on your brow,look still to Christ alone and hear his word of promise - "My grace is sufficient for thee!"