"Him Of Whom Moses And The Prophets Did Write"
What is the Bible to you? Is it a Book in which you find nothing but moral precepts, theological information, and sound advice? Or, is it a Book in which you have found and continue to find the Lord Jesus Christ? Is it the Book in which "Christ is all"? If it is not, you have not yet understood the Word of God. Perhaps you study it with great diligence. But you are like a man studying the solar system without the sun. Your exercise is vain, futile and useless. In all the Word of God "Christ is all." Let me show you what I mean.
1. All the promises of Holy Scripture spring from and point to one promise (Gen. 3:15).
2. All the covenants recorded in Scripture arise from and look to one covenant (Jer. 31:31-34).
3. All the prophets of the Old Testament proclaim and typify one Prophet (Deut. ; Acts ).
4. All the priests of the Mosaic economy picture and represent one Priest (Heb. 10:1-14).
5. All the kings who ruled over God's people,
6. All the judges and deliverers of the Jews pointed to and gave promise of one great Deliverer (Heb. 4:8-11).
7. All the sacrifices offered upon Jewish altars symbolized and proclaimed the necessity of one sin-atoning Sacrifice (Rev. 13:8).
8. All the commandments of the law arise from and call for obedience to one commandment (I John ).
9. All the blessings bestowed upon men, prayed for, and promised in the Scriptures spring from and give pledge of one blessing (Eph. 1:3).
10. All the stories recorded in the Word of God illustrate and picture one story - The Story of Redemption (Isa. 52:13-53:12).
11. All the doctrines taught in all the Scriptures arise from, point to and declare one doctrine - The Doctrine of Christ (II John 9).
The foundation, the substance, the sum, the cause, the essence, the meaning, and the message of every inspired text is "Jesus Christ and him crucified."