isa 52v07 Thy God Reigneth
"THY GOD REIGNETH!"
This one thing characterizes every true and faithful preacher of the gospel: In declaring the good tidings of gospel truth and saving grace, he will declare unto men, "THY GOD REIGNETH!" Sooner or later, either in mercy or in wrath, God will make all men see and confess that "THE MOST HIGH RULETH!" (Dan. 4: 17, 25, 32). Any preacher who denies God's absolute, total, universal sovereignty is a false prophet. And any proud sinner who rebels against the gospel revelation of God's sovereign character does not know God. Every sinner who is taught of God will gladly confess with Nebuchadnezzar (Dan. -35):
1. THE LORD JEHOVAH IS THE ETERNAL, SELF-EXISTENT GOD - "I blessed the most High, and I praised and honored him that liveth forever." God alone is eternal He is before all things; and by him all things exist. God alone is independent. All things are dependent upon and affected by God; but he is not dependent upon or affected by anything.
2. THE LORD OUR GOD IS A GOD WITH EVERLASTING DOMINION - "Whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation." The God we worship and trust is the sovereign, reigning Monarch of the universe. He sits upon an indisputable, incontestable throne, and rules over all things by sovereign right. He is God.
3. MAN IS NOTHING - "All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing." We are nothing in ourselves, only what God allows us to be. And we are nothing in comparison to God. All men together are only loathe-some worms, withering grass, and less than nothing.
4. GOD'S INFINITE POWER IS AT WORK, SOVEREIGNLY ACCOMPLISHING HIS WILL - "He doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth." With unexplainable, sovereign, infinite power and wisdom, God so governs all things and all beings, that all either willingly or unwillingly accomplish his eternal purpose.
5. THE WILL OF GOD IS IRRESISTIBLE AND UNIMPEACHABLE" None can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" God has his way in all things.