"The Indignation Of The Lord Is Upon All Nations"
Wise is the man wo lives in the awareness of eternity, knowing that he possesses an immortal soul and must one day soon appear before the holy Lord God whose indignation is upon all nations. Here are five facts plainly revealed in Holy Scripture.
1. There is a day appointed when God almighty shall judge this world "by that man whom he hath ordained," the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts ). Christ is coming again.When he does all who have ever lived shall be raised from the dead.And all shall be judged by him.
2. In that great and terrible day, God will deal with all men upon the basis of strict justice (Rev. 21:27; -15). None shall be damned who have no sin. And none shall be saved who are not perfectly righteous (Psa. 24:3-5; Heb. 12:140.
3. The basis of Divine judgment will be those books which God himself will open and search in that august day (Dan. 7:9-10; Rev. 20:12). All the works of men, all the words of men, all the thoughts and motives of men's hearts shall be brought into judgment by the book of creation (Rom. 1:18-20), the book of providence (Rom.2:4-5), the book of conscience (Rom. 2:14-15), the book of Holy Scripture (John 12:48), the book of God's remembrance (Mal. 3:16), and the book of life (Rev. 21:27).
4. The only hope for my wretched, sinful soul in that great day is that someone will stand in my stead before God as my advocate, who is a suitable substitute and representative, who has met all the requirements of God's holiness and righteousness and satisfied the demands of his offended justice, and who is able to answer the very character of God for me.Blessed be God, there is such a Substitute! There is such an Advocate for sinners, Jesus Christ, the Righteous. And he is the propitiation for the sins of his people (I John 2:1-2).
5. If I am found in Christ in that great day, when God searches the books he will find nothing against me, no sin, no fault, no blemish, no trace of sin, but only righteousness (Jer. 50:20; 23:6; 33:16). In that great day, my Savior, the Judge of all the earth who must do right, will take me by the hand and say, "Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world!"