Who Is The God Of The Bible?
Tell men today that God is holy and just, righteous and true, faithful and merciful, longsuffering and patient, gracious and good, and they will delight to hear it. But here David sets forth that one attribute of God which this religious generation rebels against. Since this is the point of man's rebellion, we must insist upon it. The attribute which David describes is God's absolute and indisutable sovereignty - "Our God is in the heavens; He hath done whatsoever He hath pleased." As the children of God, we rejoice in God's sovereign mercy. Behold what God has been pleased to do!
1. It pleased the Lord to make you His people (I Sam. ).
2. It pleased the Lord to place all the fulness of grace and glory in Christ (Col. 1:19; John ).
3. It pleased the Lord to bruise Christ in our place (Isa. 53:10).
4. It pleased the Lord to reveal Christ in our hearts (Gal. ).
5. It pleased the Lord to save sinners by the preaching of the gospel (I Cor. ).