2 Kings 17:25-34
After settling in the
1. If we worship God only one day in seven. True believers worship God continually. Their lives are lived for him (Col. 3:1-3).
2. If we sacrifice to God that which costs us nothing.We worship God only when we give him that which we need, only when we give him the best, the firsfruits of what we have been given by him (II Sam. 24:24).
3. If we are more interested in temporal,
material things than we are in the
4. If we are more concerned for our own name and recognition than we are for the honor and glory of God (Psa.115:1; Jer.45:5). All who walk in the fear of God, in all things seek the glory of God (I Cor. ).
5. If we are more anxious to be happy than we are to be useful (Acts ). Believers do not live for their own pleasure, but seek to be useful to one another and in the interests of Christ.
6. If we profess to follow Christ but in reality refuse to do so (Matt. 15:8-9). It is the believer's meat and drink to do his Father's will.
7. If our religion is man centered rather than Christ centered. In true religion, the will of God, the glory of Christ,and the gospel of God's grace and glory in Christ are central and dominate (I Cor. 1:17-31).