Joseph As A Type Of Christ
1. As Joseph, in due time, was delivered from prison, so Christ was raised from the dead at God's appointed time.
2. As Joseph was the revealer of secrets, so Christ reveals the things of God to his people.
3. As Joseph warned of coming danger, and urged men to make provision for it, so Christ warned sinners of the wrath of God and urged them come to him for salvation.
4. As Joseph was wonderful in counsel, so our Savior's name is Wonderful Counsellor.
5. As Joseph was exalted over all of
6. As Joseph was worthy of his exaltation, so Christ is worthy of his.
7. As Joseph was, upon his exaltation, invested with the glorious apparel of Pharaoh, so Christ exalted is clothed with the glory which he had with the Father before the world was made.
8. As Joseph's power and authority were publicly owned and acknowledged by all men, so all men shall one day publicly own and acknowledge Christ as Lord.
9. As Joseph was given a wife by Pharaoh, so God the Father gave his Son, Christ Jesus, a bride.
10. As Joseph's marriage was planned and arranged by Pharaoh, so the marriage of the Lamb was planned and arranged by the Lord God in eternity.
11. As Joseph was 30 years old when he began his life's work, so the Lord Jesus Christ began his public ministry when he was thirty years old.
12. As Joseph went forth on a mission from Pharaoh's presence, so Christ came into this world to do his Father's will.
13. As Joseph's exaltation was followed by a season of great plenty,so Christ's exaltation was followed by a time of great grace, poured out upon the earth.
14. As the years of plenty were followed by years of famine, though Joseph was still on the throne, so these last days, these perilous times, are years of great famine, though Christ is still on his throne.
15. As in
the days of famine, Joseph opened the storehouses of